Through the Harris County MUD No. 481’s website you can easily find links to the following services:
- Know what to do before, during, and after a hurricane.
- Prepare before hurricane season starts. Atlantic hurricane season starts June 1.
- Create an emergency communication plan with your family before a hurricane.
- Have emergency supplies in place at home, at work, and in the car.
- Get flood insurance, damages caused by flooding are not covered under normal homeowner’s insurance policies.
- Know your local community’s evacuation plan and evacuation routes and how to receive alerts.
- Listen to local officials.
Due to emergency conditions, the Board of Directors will hold meetings by telephone and/or videoconference. Participation information can be found on the agenda for each meeting. Agendas are found here.
The Harris County Municipal Utility District No. 481 will hold a public hearing on a proposed tax rate for the tax year 2018 on Monday, October 8, 2018, 12:00 p.m., at the City of Webster Hall, 101 Pennsylvania Avenue, Webster, TX. Your individual taxes may increase or decrease, depending on the change in the taxable value of your property in relation to the change in taxable value of all other property and the tax rate that is adopted.
Should you have any questions concerning this notice, please contact the tax office at 281-482-0216.
The Harris County Municipal Utility District No. 481 Board of Directors voted on March 6, 2018, to grant an exemption for the tax year 2018 to property owners in the District who are disabled or over 65 years of age or older in the amount of $10,000 of the appraised value of residence homesteads. Please contact the Harris County Appraisal District to apply for the exemption.